What is Support Crew?
Support Crew is a free online support platform that easily co-ordinates meals and other support from family and friends.
Who is Support Crew for?
- anyone dealing with a life changing event – a Warrior.
- their carer/caregiver/chief support person – a Support Chief.
- their Support Crew – their support network (their friends, family, neighbours, colleagues and community) – no matter where in the world they might be.
- their Healthcare Providers.
What is a life changing event?
A person’s life changing event may be a:
- health event such as: cancer, surgery, Alzheimer’s/Dementia, arthritis, MS, stroke, heart attack, diabetes, sick children, depression/anxiety.
- life event such as: a new baby, multi-births, an accident, aged care, bereavement, divorce/separation or redundancy.
- natural event such as: floods, earthquakes or fire.
Essentially, Support Crew is for any time that a person needs a little bit, or a lot of help from their friends and family.
What type of support does Support Crew help with?
The type of support a person may need may include:
- practical: like mowing the lawns, doing the gardens or cleaning the house.
- financial: like funds for treatment costs, house modifications or day to day expenses.
- emotional: like a message of support, a phone call or a visit.
Why would I use Support Crew?
When dealing with a life changing event, you often need help with meals, transport, child care from those around you. It’s likely that many of the people in your support network are asking ‘what can we do to help’ or ‘let us know what we can do to help’.
It’s not always easy to know what to say and we struggle to ask for help because it can make us feel like we are a burden to others.
Support Crew, will help you to easily ask for the meals and help you really need whilst providing a super easy way for your support network to give. So you can focus on the things that really matter, and your Support Crew know how they can help.
Got questions and want to know more?
Alternatively give us a call on +64 211 566 566